CS/HB 473: Animal Welfare
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Leek ; Brodeur ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Asencio ; Clemons ; Geller ; Gonzalez ; Gruters ; Henry ; Jenne ; Killebrew ; Massullo ; McClain ; Olszewski ; Payne ; Plasencia ; Santiago ; Silvers ; Slosberg
Animal Welfare; Requires certain entities taking in lost or stray dogs or cats to adopt written policies & procedures to ensure every them to owners; provides requirements for such policies & procedures; requires that specified records be available to public; designates portion of act "Ponce's Law"; revises classification of certain animal cruelty offenses; authorizes court to prohibit violators from owning animals.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1576 (Ch. 2018-87)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 12/06/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 256
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 256
• Introduced -HJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/18/18, 1:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 372
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 372
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/25/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 437
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 444
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1576 (Ch. 2018-87)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.