CS/CS/HB 553: Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee ; Raburn ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Newton
Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services; Revises, creates, & repeals various provisions relating to structures used in citrus production; oyster harvesting licenses; pesticide registration fees; Class "K" & concealed firearm licenses; charitable & sponsor sales promotions & solicitations; water vending machines; telephone solicitations; antifreeze & brake fluid brands; liquefied petroleum licenses & dealer practices; commercial weights & measures; sale & purchase of livestock; emergency powers & orders; agricultural commodity marketing; seed labeling, sale, & solicitation; Florida Forest Service; & government impostor & deceptive ads.
Last Action: 3/6/2018 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 740 (Ch. 2018-84), CS/CS/SB 568 (Ch. 2018-23) -HJ 1005
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee, 01/09/18, 1:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 48
• CS by Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 312
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 306, 307
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 338
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/24/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 412
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 412
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/01/18, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 3 -HJ 550
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 546
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 740 -HJ 1005
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 740 (Ch. 2018-84), CS/CS/SB 568 (Ch. 2018-23) -HJ 1005
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.