CS/SB 566: Unlawful Detention by a Transient Occupant
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Young
Unlawful Detention by a Transient Occupant; Revising factors that establish a person as a transient occupant of residential property; authorizing a former transient occupant, under certain circumstances, to bring a civil action for damages or recovery of personal belongings, etc.
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 46
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 12/04/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/10/18, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 46
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 142
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 157
• Now in Rules -SJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/25/18, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 227
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 227
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/18 -SJ 435
• Read 2nd time -SJ 430
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 563
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 563, 564
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 943
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Received -HJ 943
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1013, 1014
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 385 -HJ 1014
• Amendment(s) adopted (233661) -HJ 1014
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1055
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 1055
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (233661) -SJ 1007
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 1007, 1008
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-83
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.