SB 582: Write-in Candidate Qualifying
GENERAL BILL by Rader
Write-in Candidate Qualifying; Repealing provisions relating to write-in candidate residency requirements; repealing a requirement that all write-in candidates must reside within the district represented by the office sought at the time of qualification, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 6009 (Ch. 2018-141) -SJ 909
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 47
• Introduced -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 02/13/18, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 347
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/20/18, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Now in Rules -SJ 374
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/18, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 564
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 564
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/18 -SJ 967
• Read 2nd time -SJ 909
• Substituted HB 6009 -SJ 909
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 6009 (Ch. 2018-141) -SJ 909
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.