SB 7024: Public Records/Victim of an Incident of Mass Violence
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules
Public Records/Victim of an Incident of Mass Violence; Creating an exemption from public records requirements for the address of a victim of an incident of mass violence; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; designating the address of a victim of an incident of mass violence as criminal intelligence information and criminal investigative information; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/18, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 385
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 385
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 409
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 409
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/18 -SJ 435
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 435
• Retained on Special Order Calendar for 03/03/2018 -SJ 564
• Read 2nd time -SJ 682
• Amendment(s) adopted (103798) -SJ 682
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 682
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 705
• Amendment(s) failed (221098) -SJ 705
• Passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 1 -SJ 705
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 947
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Received -HJ 947
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1002
• Amendment(s) failed (007527, 810381) -HJ 1002, 1004
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1038
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1038
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 882
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-2
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.