CS/SB 876: Alarm Verification
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Bean ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brandes
Alarm Verification ; Revising requirements for alarm verification to include additional methods by which an alarm monitoring company may verify a residential or commercial intrusion/burglary alarm signal and to require that two attempts be made to verify an alarm signal, etc.
Last Action: 3/6/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 539 (Ch. 2018-51) -SJ 746
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 01/10/18, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 67
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 142
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 159
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/23/18, 3:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 220
• Now in Rules -SJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/07/18, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 336
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 336
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18 -SJ 771
• Read 2nd time -SJ 746
• Substituted CS/HB 539 -SJ 746
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 539 (Ch. 2018-51) -SJ 746
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.