CS/SB 58: Contempt and Disorderly Conduct Before a Legislative Committee
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Book
Contempt and Disorderly Conduct Before a Legislative Committee; Prohibiting a person, including a member of the Legislature, from engaging in disorderly or contemptuous conduct; providing a procedure for investigating and punishing disorderly or contemptuous conduct while the Legislature is in session, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Criminal Justice
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/07/19, 4:30 pm, 110 Senate Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/22/19, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 159
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Criminal Justice
• Introduced -SJ 37
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 149
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Criminal Justice
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.