The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 78: Public Financing of Construction Projects
Public Financing of Construction Projects; Prohibiting state-financed constructors from commencing construction of certain structures in coastal areas without first conducting a sea level impact projection study; requiring the Department of Environmental Protection to develop by rule a standard for such studies; providing for enforcement; requiring the department to publish such studies on its website, subject to certain conditions, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Environment and Natural Resources; Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 38
• Introduced -SJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 03/12/19, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 195
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Infrastructure and Security
• CS by Environment and Natural Resources read 1st time -SJ 239
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 04/09/19, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.