CS/SB 262: Child Welfare
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Albritton ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Harrell ; Montford ; Rader
Child Welfare; Providing for the name of a child’s guardian ad litem or attorney ad litem to be entered on court orders in dependency proceedings; requiring cooperation between certain parties and the court to achieve permanency for a child as soon as possible; requiring the court during an adjudicatory hearing to advise parents in plain language of certain requirements to achieve permanency with their child, etc.
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 52
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/04/19, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/19/19, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 160
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/06/19, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 52
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 153
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 186
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19 -SJ 496
• Read 2nd time -SJ 476
• Amendment(s) adopted (452716, 461946) -SJ 477
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 477
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 572
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 572, 573
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 941
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/19
• Received -HJ 941
• Read 2nd time -HJ 961
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1026
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 1026
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 648
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-128
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.