CS/CS/HB 291: Growth Management
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Commerce Committee ; McClain ; Clemons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Duggan ; Hill ; Sabatini ; Smith, D.
Growth Management; Requires comprehensive plan to include property rights element; provides statement of rights local government may use; requires local government to adopt property rights element by specified date; provides local government's property rights element may not conflict with statutorily provided statement rights; requires comprehensive plans to recognize terms of existing development orders; requires local land development regulations to provide for existing development orders.
Last Action: 4/24/2019 Senate - Received -SJ 456
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Commerce Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 02/20/19, 4:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 4 -HJ 300
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 300
• Introduced -HJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/28/19, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Commerce Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 8 -HJ 551
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 548
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 554
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/10/19, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 5 -HJ 632
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 672
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 665
• Read 2nd time -HJ 689
• Amendment(s) adopted (087819) -HJ 689
• Read 3rd time -HJ 689
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 73 NAYS 42 -HJ 689
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 456
• Received -SJ 456
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.