HB 403: Safety of Religious Institutions
GENERAL BILL by Grall ; Byrd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Clemons ; Daniels ; Drake ; Fine ; Fischer ; Gregory ; Hill ; Payne ; Roach ; Sabatini ; Sirois ; Yarborough ; Zika
Safety of Religious Institutions; Authorizes religious institution to allow concealed weapons or concealed firearms licensee to carry firearm on property of institution for certain purposes.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Education Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 52
• Introduced -HJ 52
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/12/19, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 411
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 411
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/09/19, 2:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 632
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 632
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/16/19, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 6 -HJ 744
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 744
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 897
• Amendment(s) adopted (433783) -HJ 897
• Read 3rd time -HJ 897
• Passed as amended; YEAS 79 NAYS 35 -HJ 897
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 500
• Received -SJ 500
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.