CS/CS/SB 418: Essential Health Benefits Under Health Plans
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Banking and Insurance ; Simpson
Essential Health Benefits Under Health Plans; Requiring the Office of Insurance Regulation to conduct a study evaluating this state’s current benchmark plan for essential health benefits under the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and options for changing the benchmark plan for future plan years; requiring the office, in conducting the study, to consider plans and certain benefits used by other states and to compare costs with those of this state, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 322 (Ch. 2019-129)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Health Policy (HP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Health Policy; Rules -SJ 61
• Introduced -SJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/25/19, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 281
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Health Policy
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 281
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 04/01/19, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 283
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/10/19, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -SJ 343
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 350
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19 -SJ 451
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 451
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 495
• Retained on Calendar
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 322 (Ch. 2019-129)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.