CS/HB 563: Unemployment Compensation
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Joseph ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brown ; Bush ; Casello ; Cortes ; Daniels ; Davis ; Diamond ; Driskell ; DuBose ; Duran ; Eskamani ; Fetterhoff ; Fitzenhagen ; Geller ; Good ; Hart ; Hattersley ; Jacobs ; Jacquet ; Jenne ; Jones ; Killebrew ; Latvala ; Mariano ; Mercado ; Polo ; Polsky ; Pritchett ; Raschein ; Silvers ; Sirois ; Smith, C. ; Smith, D. ; Stevenson ; Toledo ; Watson, B. ; Watson, C. ; Webb ; Williams
Unemployment Compensation; Prohibits certain victims of domestic violence from being disqualified for benefits; prohibits employment records of employing units & employers from being charged in certain circumstances.
• Referred to Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 66
• Introduced -HJ 66
• On Committee agenda-- Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 4:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 461
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 461
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/02/19, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 567
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 567
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/10/19, 8:15 am, Webster Hall
• CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 673
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 672
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 670
• Read 2nd time -HJ 711
• Amendment(s) adopted (135683) -HJ 711
• Read 3rd time -HJ 711
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 711
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 459
• Received -SJ 459
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 597
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 990 -SJ 597
• Read 2nd time -SJ 597
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 638
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 638
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1098
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-80
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.