CS/HB 751: Duty of Good Faith
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Andrade
Duty of Good Faith; Removes violation of duty of good faith from claims for civil remedies; provides administrative remedy for violation of duty of good faith; provides notice & complaint requirements; requires DFS to determine sufficiency of complaints.
Last Action: 3/18/2019 House - Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 445
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 80
• Introduced -HJ 80
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/13/19, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 5 -HJ 442
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 438
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 445
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.