CS/CS/HB 771: Environmental Regulation
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee ; Overdorf ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Clemons
Environmental Regulation; Requires counties & municipalities to address contamination of recyclable material in specified contracts; prohibits counties & municipalities from requiring collection or transport of contaminated recyclable material by residential recycling collectors; specifies required contract provisions; prohibits local governments from requiring certain project verification from DEP; revises types of dock & pier replacements & repairs that are exempt from verification & certain permitting requirements; prohibits local government entities from adopting or enforcing ordinances & regulations relating to single-use plastic straws; provides for lift of moratorium.
Last Action: 5/10/2019 - Vetoed by Governor
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 83
• Introduced -HJ 83
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/12/19, 8:30 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 403
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 400
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee -HJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 12:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 447
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 447
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/18/19, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 6 -HJ 758
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 752
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 765
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 876
• Amendment(s) adopted (277471, 314341) -HJ 876, 877
• Read 3rd time -HJ 877
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 87 NAYS 23 -HJ 877
• In Messages
• Referred to Environment and Natural Resources; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 504
• Received -SJ 504
• Withdrawn from Environment and Natural Resources; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 607
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 816 -SJ 607
• Read 2nd time -SJ 607
• Amendment(s) failed (633638) -SJ 608
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 633
• Amendment(s) failed (406586) -SJ 634
• CS passed; YEAS 24 NAYS 15 -SJ 634
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1098
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.