CS/CS/HB 827: Engineering
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Toledo
Engineering; Authorizes Board of Professional Engineers to establish standards of practice & responsibility rules for profession of engineering; revises prerequisites to take an examination to determine qualification to practice as an engineer; revises licensure certification requirements; revises requirements for licensure by endorsement; requires board to deny license under certain circumstances; requires board to establish certain training & education requirements; provides that successor engineer assumes full professional & legal responsibility by signing or affixing his or her seal to certain documents; requires that structural inspections on threshold building be performed during new construction or during certain repair or restoration projects; revises timeframes to notify local building official of building code inspection services.
Last Action: 4/24/2019 House - Placed on 3rd reading
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 87
• Introduced -HJ 87
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 551
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 549
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 554
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 554
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/10/19, 8:15 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 674
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 670
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment(s) adopted (791667)
• Placed on 3rd reading
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.