CS/SB 1052: Motor Vehicle Insurance
Motor Vehicle Insurance; Repealing provisions which comprise the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law; revising the motor vehicle insurance coverages that an applicant must show to register certain vehicles with the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; revising minimum liability coverage requirements for motor vehicle owners or operators; providing that private passenger motor vehicle policies may exclude certain identified individuals from specified coverages under certain circumstances; revising the minimum net worth requirements to qualify certain persons as self-insurers, etc. APPROPRIATION: $83,651.00
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Banking and Insurance; Appropriations -SJ 113
• Introduced -SJ 112
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 03/12/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Banking and Insurance
• CS by Infrastructure and Security read 1st time -SJ 246
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/01/19, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 5 NAYS 3 -SJ 283
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.