CS/HB 1127: Educational Employees
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Duggan
Educational Employees; Requires DOE to maintain disqualification list; provides requirements for such list; provides requirements & prohibitions for certain individuals to be employed in a position requiring direct contact with students; revises Education Practices Commission duties; & revises provisions relating to specified background screenings.
Last Action: 4/16/2019 House - Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 116
• Introduced -HJ 116
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 521
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 521
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/01/19, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 555
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 555
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/09/19, 2:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 680
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 678
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.