HB 1373: Hillsborough County Civil Service Act
LOCAL BILL by Grant, J.
Hillsborough County Civil Service Act; Repeals special act relating to the establishment of a fair, neutral, & impartial system for administering employee discipline; requires that agency or authority previously covered under act must provide fair, neutral, & impartial system for administering employee discipline of suspension, involuntary demotion, or dismissal & appeals of such discipline.
• Introduced -HJ 135
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 379
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 8:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 448
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee -HJ 448
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 03/25/19, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 498
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 498
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 03/28/19, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 540
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 540
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 624
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 661
• Passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 2 -HJ 661
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules
• Received -SJ 359
• Placed on Local Calendar, 05/01/19 -SJ 765
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 685
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Read 2nd time -SJ 688
• Read 3rd time -SJ 688
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 688
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1130
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-183
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.