CS/HB 1125: Tobacco Products
GENERAL BILL by Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Hill ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Duran
Tobacco Products; Redefining terms "tobacco products"; authorizes sale or delivery of tobacco products in direct, face-to-face exchanges with certain persons; prohibits sale or delivery of tobacco products from specified vending machines; adds specified products that are exempt from direct sale requirement; prohibits certain retailers from placing certain products or devices in an open display; provides exception; repeals provisions relating to nicotine products & nicotine dispensing devices.
Last Action: 4/9/2019 House - Laid on Table -HJ 632
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 116
• Introduced -HJ 116
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 523
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 516
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 544
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/09/19, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Unfavorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 3 NAYS 8 -HJ 632
• Laid on Table -HJ 632
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.