CS/HB 1159: Private Property Rights
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; La Rosa ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sabatini
Private Property Rights; Prohibits local governments from requiring notices, applications, approvals, permits, fees, or mitigation for pruning, trimming, or removal of trees on residential property if property owner obtains specified documentation; prohibits local governments from requiring property owners to replant such trees; provides exception for mangrove protection actions; deletes provision that authorizes electric utilities to perform certain right-of-way tree maintenance only if property owner has received local government approval; creates Property Owner Bill of Rights; requires county property appraisers to provide specified information on their websites.
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Commerce Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 119
• Introduced -HJ 119
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 8:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3 -HJ 447
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 447
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/04/19, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Commerce Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 4 -HJ 591
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 591
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/18/19, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 4 -HJ 758
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 756
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 765
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 878
• Read 3rd time -HJ 878
• CS passed; YEAS 77 NAYS 36 -HJ 878
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 511
• Received -SJ 511
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 568
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1400 -SJ 568
• Read 2nd time -SJ 568
• Read 3rd time -SJ 568, 578
• CS passed; YEAS 22 NAYS 16 -SJ 578
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1011
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-155
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.