HB 119: Trust Funds/Creation/Historically Black Colleges and Universities Matching Endowment Scholarship Trust Fund
TRUST FUND/GENERAL BILL by Hogan Johnson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hattersley
Trust Funds/Creation/Historically Black Colleges and Universities Matching Endowment Scholarship Trust Fund; Creates Historically Black Colleges & Universities Matching Endowment Scholarships Trust Fund within DOE; provides for purpose of trust fund & source of funds; provides for future review & termination or re-creation of trust fund.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 31
• Introduced -HJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee, 03/20/19, 9:30 am, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 461
• Now in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 461
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.