CS/CS/HB 1197: Charter Schools
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Appropriations Committee ; Fischer ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Donalds
Charter Schools; Authorizes state universities & Florida College System institutions to sponsor charter schools; revises reporting & accountability requirements; provides for funding; authorizes career & professional academy to be offered by charter school.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 122
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Education Committee -HJ 377
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 12:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 461
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 461
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/02/19, 3:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 10 -HJ 584
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 581
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 597
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/16/19, 1:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 2 -HJ 758
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 756
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 765
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 873
• Read 2nd time -HJ 874
• Amendment(s) adopted (511401, 516945) -HJ 874
• Amendment(s) failed (021065, 420853) -HJ 874
• Read 3rd time -HJ 875
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 74 NAYS 37 -HJ 875
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 511
• Received -SJ 511
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.