HB 1397: Pub. Rec./Abortion
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Grall ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fine ; Hill ; Williamson
Pub. Rec./Abortion; Expands existing public records exemption to include information identifying pregnant minor that is contained in court records relating to such minor's petition to waive consent requirements to obtain abortion; provides for future legislative review & repeal of expanded exemption; provides for reversion of specified language if exemption is not saved from repeal; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Health Policy
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 138
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 379
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 448
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee -HJ 448
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 03/25/19, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 2 -HJ 498
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 498
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/09/19, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 634
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 634
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 731
• Read 3rd time -HJ 731
• Passed; YEAS 93 NAYS 20 -HJ 732
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Rules -SJ 467
• Received -SJ 467
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Health Policy
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.