SB 1616: Local Government Financial Reporting
Local Government Financial Reporting; Requiring county and municipal budget officers, respectively, to submit certain information to the Office of Economic and Demographic Research within a specified timeframe; requiring adopted budget amendments and final budgets to remain posted on each entity’s official website for a specified period of time, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 861 (Ch. 2019-56), CS/SB 7014 (Ch. 2019-15) -SJ 804
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 210
• Introduced -SJ 210
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/26/19, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 280
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/10/19, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/23/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/19
• Read 2nd time -SJ 804
• Substituted HB 861 -SJ 804
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 861 (Ch. 2019-56), CS/SB 7014 (Ch. 2019-15) -SJ 804
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.