CS/SB 1690: Warranty Associations
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Broxson
Warranty Associations; Revising the basis for calculating the required assets in a home warranty association’s premium reserve account; requiring that such reserve account be a separate auditable account for contracts in force in this state; prohibiting home warranties from excluding coverage because of the presence of rust or corrosion, except under certain circumstances; revising the basis for calculating the required assets in a service warranty association’s premium reserve account, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 925 (Ch. 2019-87) -SJ 811
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 216
• Introduced -SJ 216
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/18/19, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/25/19, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 280
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 299
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 04/08/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 331
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/23/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/19
• Read 2nd time -SJ 811
• Substituted CS/HB 925 -SJ 811
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 925 (Ch. 2019-87) -SJ 811
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.