CS/HB 17: Damages
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Leek ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sabatini
Damages; Provides for calculation of damages; specifies that certain contracts are not subject to discovery or disclosure in certain actions; limits amount of damages in certain actions involving liens or subrogation claims by certain payors; limits noneconomic damages in civil actions; provides that jury may not be informed of such limit; provides exceptions.
Last Action: 3/19/2019 House - On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/21/19, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall -- Temporarily postponed
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Commerce Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/06/19, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 23
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 381
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 376
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 373
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/21/19, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall -- Temporarily postponed
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.