HB 311: Autonomous Vehicles
GENERAL BILL by Fischer
Autonomous Vehicles; Exempts autonomous vehicles & operators from certain prohibitions; provides that human operator is not required to operate fully autonomous vehicle; authorizes fully autonomous vehicle to operate regardless of presence of human operator; provides that automated driving system is deemed operator of autonomous vehicle operating with system engaged; authorizes Florida Turnpike Enterprise to fund & operate test facilities; provides requirements for operation of on-demand autonomous vehicle networks; revises registration requirements for autonomous vehicles.
Last Action: 3/19/2019 House - Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 447
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 03/06/19, 3:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 44
• Favorable by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 351
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 351
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 447
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 447
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.