HB 407: Public Records
GENERAL BILL by Rodrigues, R. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Grall ; Jenne
Public Records; Prohibits agency that receives request to inspect or copy record from responding to such request by filing civil action against individual or entity making request.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Bill Text: PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 52
• Introduced -HJ 52
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 03/13/19, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 4 -HJ 411
• Now in Civil Justice Subcommittee -HJ 412
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/20/19, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 478
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 478
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 03/28/19, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 539
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 539
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 610
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 652
• Passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 652
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 394
• Received -SJ 394
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.