CS/CS/HB 441: E911 Systems
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Energy and Utilities Subcommittee ; DuBose ; Toledo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brown ; Caruso ; Joseph
E911 Systems; Requires counties to develop & implement plan for text-to-911 system; requires DMS to develop plan to upgrade 911 public safety answer points to allow transfer of emergency calls; requires each sheriff to enter into specified written agreements regarding PSAPs; requires each PSAP to broadcast emergency communications & public safety information; requires county sheriff to certify compliance in writing with FDLE by specified date.
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 55
• Introduced -HJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 9:00 am, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 539
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 530
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 550
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/09/19, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 632
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 632
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/18/19, 8:15 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 758
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 757
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 752
• Read 2nd time -HJ 831
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 869
• CS passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 0 -HJ 869
• In Messages
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations -SJ 501
• Received -SJ 501
• Withdrawn from Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations -SJ 587
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 536 -SJ 588
• Read 2nd time -SJ 587
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 632
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 632
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1097
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-146
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.