HB 525: Renaming Of Florida College System Institutions
GENERAL BILL by Raschein ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Alexander ; Ausley ; Cortes ; Mercado
Renaming Of Florida College System Institutions; Changes name of "Florida Keys Community College" to "The College of Florida Keys" & name of "North Florida Community College" to "North Florida College.
• Referred to Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee, 02/13/19, 4:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 297
• Now in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 297
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/04/19, 2:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 309
• Introduced -HJ 64
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 309
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/14/19, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 441
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 441
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/27/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 502
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 505
• Passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 505
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 329
• Received -SJ 328
• Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 655
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 720 -SJ 655
• Read 2nd time -SJ 655
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 851
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 1 -SJ 851
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1157
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-78
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.