CS/SB 542: Mobility Devices and Motorized Scooters
GENERAL BILL by Infrastructure and Security ; Brandes
Mobility Devices and Motorized Scooters; Defining the term “micromobility device”; revising the definition of the term “motorized scooter”; providing that the operator of a motorized scooter or micromobility device has all of the rights and duties applicable to the rider of a bicycle, except the duties imposed by specified provisions that by their nature do not apply; exempting electric personal assistive mobility devices and motorized scooters from certain emblem requirements, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 453 (Ch. 2019-109) -SJ 624
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Infrastructure and Security (IS)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 71
• Introduced -SJ 70
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 03/26/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 283
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• CS by Infrastructure and Security read 1st time -SJ 288
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 04/09/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/19 -SJ 646
• Read 2nd time -SJ 624
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 453 -SJ 624
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 453 (Ch. 2019-109) -SJ 624
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.