CS/CS/HB 595: Alcohol or Drug Overdose Prosecutions
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Silvers ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Driskell ; Eskamani
Alcohol or Drug Overdose Prosecutions; Prohibits arrest or penalty under specified provisions of person seeking medical assistance for individual experiencing alcohol-related or drug-related overdose or for himself or herself; prohibits this protection from being grounds for suppression of evidence in other prosecutions.
Last Action: 4/24/2019 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 848
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 68
• Introduced -HJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/12/19, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 412
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 398
• Original reference(s) removed: Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 424
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 424
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/21/19, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 489
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 485
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 496
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 703
• Read 3rd time -HJ 703
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 703
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 459
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 449
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 530 -SJ 449
• Received -SJ 459
• Read 2nd time -SJ 449
• Read 3rd time -SJ 449
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 449, 450
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 848
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.