HB 615: Campaign Finance
GENERAL BILL by Roth
Campaign Finance; Repeals provisions relating to Florida Election Campaign Financing Act; deletes provisions governing public funding of campaigns for candidates for statewide office who agree to certain expenditure limits.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1009 (Ch. 2019-90)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 70
• Introduced -HJ 70
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 03/13/19, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 5 -HJ 426
• Now in Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 426
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 03/28/19, 10:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 10 NAYS 6 -HJ 546
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 546
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/04/19, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 7 -HJ 584
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 584
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1009 (Ch. 2019-90)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.