CS/HB 7081: State Court System Administration
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; DiCeglie
State Court System Administration; Requires security background investigations for foreign language court interpreters & mediators; provides disqualification factors for parenting coordinators; authorizes disclosure of certain testimony or evidence in certain circumstances; provides immunity for certain persons; revises provisions relating to judicial retirement to conform to revisions to the mandatory retirement age; authorizes electronic records of criminal judgments.
• Introduced -HJ 434
• Referred to Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 446
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 524
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 524
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/09/19, 2:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 631
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 630
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 672
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 701
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 809
• Amendment(s) adopted (846033) -HJ 809,810
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 859
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 110 NAYS 0 -HJ 859
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 514
• Received -SJ 514
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 784
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 656 -SJ 784
• Read 2nd time -SJ 784
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 881
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 881
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1324
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-98
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.