CS/HB 7111: Constitutional Amendments
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Judiciary Committee ; Grant, J.
Constitutional Amendments; Requires sponsor of initiative amendment to register with Secretary of State & provide certain information; provides requirements for sponsor that gathers petition forms; provides for imposition of fines for failure to deliver petition forms within specified time period; revises requirements for supervisor to verify signature on petition form; revises information that Financial Impact Estimating Conference should include in initiative financial information statement; prohibits compensation for initiative petition circulators based on number of petition forms gathered; prohibits submission of certain false information & failure to disclose certain information; provides penalties.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Judiciary, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 5 (Ch. 2019-64)
Bill Text: PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 547
• Referred to State Affairs Committee -HJ 565
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/18/19, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 8 -HJ 758
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 757
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 757
• Read 2nd time -HJ 809
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 859
• CS passed; YEAS 71 NAYS 41 -HJ 859
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 516
• Received -SJ 516
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 5 (Ch. 2019-64)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.