SJR 74: Single-subject Limitation for Constitution Revision Commission Proposals
JOINT RESOLUTION by Bradley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Simpson ; Book ; Rouson ; Rodriguez ; Mayfield ; Baxley ; Hooper ; Stewart ; Perry
Single-subject Limitation for Constitution Revision Commission Proposals; Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to require that any proposals to revise the State Constitution, or any part thereof, filed by the Constitution Revision Commission be limited to a single subject, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/07/19, 4:30 pm, 110 Senate Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/22/19, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Ethics and Elections
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 02/05/19, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Rules
• Introduced -SJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/13/19, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 195
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/21/19
• Read 2nd time -SJ 253
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 276
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 276
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.