HB 761: Pub. Rec./Trade Secrets Held by an Agency
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Massullo
Pub. Rec./Trade Secrets Held by an Agency; Provides exemption from public record requirements for trade secret held by agency; provides notice requirements; provides exception to exemption; provides that agency employee is not liable for release of records in compliance with act; provides applicability; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemption; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Commerce and Tourism
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Commerce Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 82
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 03/06/19, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 82
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 352
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 352
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/14/19, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Commerce Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 431
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 431
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/04/19, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 591
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 591
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 715
• Read 3rd time -HJ 715
• Passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 0 -HJ 715
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 461
• Received -SJ 461
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Commerce and Tourism
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.