CS/CS/HB 863: Physician Referrals
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health Quality Subcommittee ; Brannan
Physician Referrals; Authorizes health care provider to refer patient to licensed hospital owned or leased & operated by entity in which provider has investment interest; requires health care practitioner to provide notice to patients upon referring patient to certain providers.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Health Policy
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 90
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 03/05/19, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 90
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 364
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 349
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 376
• Now in Criminal Justice Subcommittee -HJ 376
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 537
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 537
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/03/19, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 583
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 582
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 580
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 724
• Read 3rd time -HJ 724
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 725
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations -SJ 464
• Received -SJ 464
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Health Policy
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.