CS/SB 8-A: Gaming
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Hutson
Gaming; Revising the application requirements for an operating license to conduct pari-mutuel wagering for a pari-mutuel facility; prohibiting greyhound permitholders from conducting live racing; specifying that certain permitholders that do not conduct live racing or games retain their permit and remain pari-mutuel facilities; specifying that, if such permitholder has been issued a slot machine license, the permitholder’s facility remains an eligible facility, continues to be eligible for a slot machine license, is exempt from certain provisions of ch. 551, F.S., is eligible to be a guest track, and, if the permitholder is a harness horse racing permitholder, is eligible to be a host track for intertrack wagering and simulcasting and remains eligible for a cardroom license, etc.
Last Action: 7/8/2021 - Chapter No. 2021-271, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 2-A (Ch. 2021-268)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 3
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 05/17/21, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 3
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 6
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/18/21 -SJ 13
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 5
• Read 2nd time -SJ 12
• Amendment(s) adopted (234656, 508950, 885116) -SJ 13
• Read 3rd time -SJ 13
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 13
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/19/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Amendment 663291 filed
• Amendment 358093 filed
• Amendment 365871 filed
• Amendment 358093 withdrawn
• Amendment 663291 withdrawn
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 365871 Failed
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 73, NAYS 43
• Message sent to senate
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 15
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 15
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-271, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 2-A (Ch. 2021-268)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.