HB 1021: Patient Identification and Health Care Decisions
GENERAL BILL by Fernandez-Barquin
Patient Identification and Health Care Decisions; Authorizes law enforcement agencies to assist hospitals in identifying certain patients; requires such agencies to provide hospitals with certain information; authorizes clinical social workers to make certain decisions & applications for patient's continued care.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 House - Died in Finance & Facilities Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Finance & Facilities Subcommittee
• Referred to Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Referred to Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• Referred to Health & Human Services Committee
• Now in Finance & Facilities Subcommittee
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Finance & Facilities Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.