CS/SB 1048: Student Assessments
Student Assessments; Renaming “Next Generation Sunshine State Standards” as “state academic standards”; deleting provisions relating to the coordinated screening and progress monitoring program; providing that certain end-of-year comprehensive progress monitoring assessments are the statewide, standardized ELA and Mathematics assessments for certain students; requiring the coordinated screening and progress monitoring system to identify the educational strengths and needs of students; requiring 2022-2023 school and school district grades to serve as an informal baseline for schools and school districts; providing that school improvement ratings will not be calculated for the 2022-2023 school year, etc.
Last Action: 3/16/2022 - Chapter No. 2022-16
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 70
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/11/22, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 70
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 114
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 01/26/22, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 237
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/09/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 378
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/22 -SJ 591
• Read 2nd time -SJ 565
• Amendment(s) adopted (115190, 893130) -SJ 566
• Read 3rd time -SJ 566
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 566
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/8/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 531515 Failed
• Amendment 499457 Failed
• Amendment 911801 Failed
• Amendment 686381 not allowed for consideration
• Amendment 403671 Failed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 83, NAYS 31
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 814
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 1220
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-16
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.