CS/SB 1150: Taxation of Affordable Housing
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Rodriguez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rodrigues
Taxation of Affordable Housing; Authorizing counties and municipalities to adopt ordinances to grant partial ad valorem tax exemptions to property owners whose properties are used to provide affordable housing; specifying requirements for eligibility for such exemptions; specifying duties of boards of county commissioners and municipal governing authorities adopting ordinances granting such exemptions; requiring property owners improperly granted such exemptions to pay owed taxes, penalties, and interest, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 77
• Introduced -SJ 77
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/18/22, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 215
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 216
• Now in Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 01/27/22, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Finance and Tax; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 236
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.