CS/CS/SB 1194: Local Tax Referenda Requirements
Local Tax Referenda Requirements; Requiring referenda elections related to tourist development taxes, tourist impact taxes, and children’s services and independent special district property taxes to be held on the day of a general election; requiring referenda elections related to increases in county and municipal ad valorem tax millages to be held on the day of a general election; requiring referenda elections related to local option fuel taxes to be held on the day of a general election, etc.
Last Action: 3/2/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 777 -SJ 511
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 80
• Introduced -SJ 80
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/18/22, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 215
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 216
• Now in Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 01/27/22, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Finance and Tax; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 236
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/24/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 1 -SJ 454
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 456
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• Read 2nd time -SJ 511
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 777 -SJ 511
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 777 -SJ 511
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.