SB 1204: Public Records/Information or Records/Executions
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Broxson
Public Records/Information or Records/Executions; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for information or records that identify or could reasonably lead to the identification of any person or entity that participates in an execution; providing for retroactive application; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 873 (Ch. 2022-115) -SJ 671
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 80
• Introduced -SJ 80
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/22, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 218
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/07/22, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/15/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 9 NAYS 6 -SJ 370
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/22 -SJ 689
• Read 2nd time -SJ 671
• Substituted HB 873 -SJ 671
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 873 (Ch. 2022-115) -SJ 671
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.