CS/SB 1246: Benchmark Replacements for the London Interbank Offered Rate
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Gruters
Benchmark Replacements for the London Interbank Offered Rate; Requiring that recommended benchmark replacements selected or recommended by specified persons be benchmark replacements on the United States dollar London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) replacement date for certain contracts, securities, and instruments; authorizing specified persons to select benchmark replacements under certain circumstances; requiring benchmark replacement conforming changes to become an integral part of contracts, securities, and instruments under certain circumstances; providing that a person is not liable for damages and is not subject to claims and requests for equitable relief under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/2/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 925 (Ch. 2022-57) -SJ 506
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 83
• Introduced -SJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/02/22, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/07/22, 2:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 350
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/15/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• Read 2nd time -SJ 505
• Substituted CS/HB 925 -SJ 506
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 925 (Ch. 2022-57) -SJ 506
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.