CS/CS/SB 1304: Public Records/Trust Proceedings
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Gruters
Public Records/Trust Proceedings; Requiring clerks to take certain actions relating to court records for proceedings under ch. 736, F.S., and ch. 738, F.S., in which a family trust company, licensed family trust company, or foreign licensed family trust company is a party and upon written notice; creating an exemption from public records requirements for such records; authorizing certain persons to inspect such records if certain requirements are met; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 88
• Introduced -SJ 88
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/31/22, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 248
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/10/22, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 364
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/23/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 2 -SJ 454
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 457
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/22 -SJ 591
• Read 2nd time -SJ 571
• Read 3rd time -SJ 571
• CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 3 -SJ 571
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/7/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 92, NAYS 24
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 735
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-211
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.