CS/SB 1338: Floating Solar Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Diaz
Floating Solar Facilities; Defining the term “floating solar facility”; providing that a floating solar facility must be a permitted use in appropriate land use categories in each local government’s comprehensive plan; requiring each local government to amend its development regulations to promote the expanded use of floating solar facilities; requiring the Office of Energy within the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to submit specified recommendations to the Legislature to provide a regulatory framework relating to floating solar facilities, etc.
Last Action: 3/2/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1411 (Ch. 2022-83) -SJ 492
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 120
• Introduced -SJ 120
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 02/01/22, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 337
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/08/22, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 364
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 366
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/15/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• Read 2nd time -SJ 492
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1411 -SJ 492
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1411 (Ch. 2022-83) -SJ 492
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.