CS/SB 1368: Trusts
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Gruters
Trusts; Revising criteria for application of the rule against perpetuities to trusts created on or after a specified date; specifying that the terms of a trust do not prevail over a trustee’s duty to account to qualified beneficiaries under certain circumstances; clarifying circumstances under which notice, or the sending of a document, to a person under the Florida Trust Code is deemed satisfied; providing that the terms of a trust may permit for accounting to the qualified beneficiaries only under certain circumstances, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 122
• Introduced -SJ 121
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/31/22, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Now in Banking and Insurance
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/08/22, 3:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 364
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 366
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/15/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 441
• Amendment(s) adopted (364794) -SJ 442
• Read 3rd time -SJ 442
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Immediately certified -SJ 451
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/8/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 99, NAYS 19
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 761
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-96
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.