CS/SB 1436: Human Trafficking
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Garcia
Human Trafficking; Providing the Statewide Council on Human Trafficking with an additional duty; requiring the direct support organization of the Statewide Council on Human Trafficking to develop certain training for firesafety inspectors; requiring foster parents and agency staff to complete preservice and inservice training related to human trafficking, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 615 (Ch. 2022-168) -SJ 596
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 127
• Introduced -SJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/01/22, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 337
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 341
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/16/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/28/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 521
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/22 -SJ 689
• Read 2nd time -SJ 596
• Substituted CS/HB 615 -SJ 596
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 615 (Ch. 2022-168) -SJ 596
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.